Saturday, January 08, 2005

Effects of the Tusanami on the Earth Minor

Not meaning to sound insensitive about the tusanami's awful effects we have heard about, but I was a little surprised that I hadn't heard through my usual media sources more about the ramifications of the fact that the deadly tusanmi caused the earth to wobble & tilt a little. I'm not the most connected of people events-wise at times, so it could very well just be me.

At any rate, I did manage to hunt down this article which did offer a brief explanation of the apparently minimal effect of shortening days by a fraction of a second.

1 comment:

SeshPerAnkh said...

According to several scientists, we lost three milliseconds from our daylight. dunno how to measure that. It takes longer than that to say three milliseconds. :)